World in Conflict: Soviet Assualt is an expansion pack to the critically acclaimed action RTS title, World in Conflict (WiC), that brings a new campaign following the Soviets and their invasion of the United States. This will be the first time World in Conflict will also be appearing on consoles. World in Conflict: Soviet Assault will be released as a stand alone expansion pack and feature new units and airstrikes, and of course new maps. The Multiplayer will feature all new modes and maps. World in Conflict; Soviet Assualt is being developed by Massive Entertainment.
Unlike many other real time strategy games, World in Conflict has no base building or resource gathering. At the beggining of a game, the player is given a certian amount of command points which can be spent on a small amount of units. There are four main unit classes: Infantry, Tanks, Support, and air. These classes each contain multiple units which differ depending on the players faction. The factions are the USA, USSR, and NATO. If a unit is killed, its repective amount of command pionts are funneled back to the player. Support powers can be acsessed by support pionts achived for every kill the player gets. Some support powers offer new light units while others offer artillary barrages and the most expensive one: the nuclear strike. The lack of base building creates a fast and fluid action oriented experience.
Massive Entertainment was once a developer under the large developer and publisher Sierra Entertainment, until Sierra went belly up. Ubisoft then later picked up Massive entertainment and will be releasing World in Conflict: Soviet Assault in 2009.
Release date March 10(USA) or 12(EU), 2009 for PC only.
- Soviet Assault will have 2 new maps with 6 missions from these two maps; so 6 scenarios within 2 maps.
- The voice control feature, initially advertised for release with the new expansion pack, was cut from Soviet Assault.
- Console ports of World in Conflict are canceled or postponed indefinitely.
World in Conflict: Complete Edition is available in the US, EU and other regions. It contains the original World in Conflict and the Soviet Assault expansion pack. The standalone Soviet Assault expansion pack will only be available for North and South American users and users must have original World in Conflict. Free download for owners of original WiC, does not include campaign; only includes multiplayer maps.
The Steam version of World in Conflict and Soviet Assault are incompatible with their boxed counterparts. A retail copy of World in Conflict it will not work with World in Conflict: Soviet Assault purchased on Steam.
- OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista® (only)
- Processor: 2.0 GHz or faster single-core (2.2 GHz for Windows Vista) or any dual-core Intel® or AMD® (2.5 GHz or faster recommended)
- Memory: 512 MB Windows XP (1024 MB recommended)/1 GB Windows Vista (1.5 GB recommended)
- Graphics: 128 MB DirectX® 9.0c–compatible (256 MB DirectX 9.0c–compatible recommended)(see supported list*)
- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 8 GB Free Space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c–compatible
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compliant keyboard and mouse
- Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6/7/8/9/X200 series, ATI® 9600-9800/X300-X850/X1050/X1300/X1550-X1950/HD 2400-4800 series
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. For the most up-to-date minimum requirement listings, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at: http://support.ubi.com.