Warface entered open beta on October 22, 2013. On August 28, 2013, Crytek announced that the game would come to Xbox 360 in early 2014.
The game features a variety of game modes and four classes, with an experience point system through which new weapons and attachments can be unlocked. Weapons are customizable in-game, allowing attachments to be equipped or removed on the fly. Players can perform a slide move, during which more XP is gained from kills.
There are two factions a player can choose from: the Warface faction and the Blackwood faction.
- Team Deathmatch - Standard team deathmatch. Reach maximum score or have the most points to win
- Free For All - Standard free-for-all deathmatch. Reach maximum points or have the most points to win.
- Plant The Bomb - Team based objective mode. One team must plant the bomb in the enemy base, while the other team defends.
- Storm - Objective-based mode, in which one team must capture three points in the map in succession. The other team must defend those points from the attacking team. Sides are exchanged when time expires.
- Destruction - Deliver three air strikes on the enemy position in this team based objective mode. One team must hold the position on the map located in the center of the map.
- Coop Missions - Earn Coop Reward Points, work together.