Set shortly after the events of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash will feature the girls of the Senran Kagura universe facing off in team-based fights, this time with specialized water-infused weapons instead of their traditional weapons. Not much is known about the story for the game, but it has been confirmed to be canon to the Senran Kagura franchise.
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash will feature most of the cast of characters that were present in Senran Kagura: Estival Versus. There is also talk that several of the characters from the Senran Kagura: New Wave G mobile game will be making an appearance in Peach Beach Splash, most likely some of the more popular female characters.
- Hanzo Academy: Asuka, Katsuragi, Hibari, Yagyuu, Ikaruga, Daidouji, Ayame
- Homura Crimson Corps: Homura, Yomi, Hikage, Hakura, Mirai
- Hebijo Clandestine Girl's Academy: Miyabi, Imu, Murasaki, Ryobi, Ryona, Rin
- Gessen Girl's Academy: Yumi, Shiki, Murakumo, Minori, Yozakura
- Kagura Thousand-Year Festival Executives: Jasmine, Renka, Hanabi, Kafuru, Ryoki
- Kagura Reincarnation Team: Naraku, Kagura
- Zodiac Guiding Star Association: Leo
- Tooya Tengu-Shinobi Alliance: Yuyaki
- Hebijo Clandestine Girls' Academy: Souji
****NOTE: It is expected that several more of the popular characters from the Senran Kagura: New Wave G mobile game will be added before the game launches.
This game revolves around battling other characters with specialized water weapons instead of the traditional weapons that the girls of the Senran Kagura franchise typically utilize in combat. Below are the confirmed/suspected weapons that will be used in the game:
- Water Pistols
- Water Rifles
- Water Machine Guns
- Water Mini-Guns
- Water Launchers
- Water Submachine Guns
- Water Sniper Rifles
- Water Canons
- Water Shotguns
- Water Grenade Launchers
- Water Soakers (Garden Hose Nozzle)
Smaller weapons (Pistols, Submachine Guns) can be dual-wielded in combat. In addition, each weapon will have the ability to be upgraded with special cards to deal additional damage and different status effects against your opponents in combat. As seen in the newest gameplay trailer, players can also utilize a special water jet pack that provides a significant speed boost during combat.
Below are multiple examples of the weapon types you will find in the game (as seen being equipped by the girls from Hanzo Academy):
So far, there are only two confirmed modes for Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. However, as seen in the other Senran Kagura games, it is highly expected that a dressing room mode will come with the game.
- Story Mode: Play through the main story of SK: PBS and experience the story through the eyes of the characters of the game.
- Online Mode: Face off in special 5-on-5 team battles against other players. Other modes for online play have yet to be announced.
- Dressing Room Mode (yet to be confirmed): Take your favorite Senran Kagura characters and customize their outfits to your liking. Select their outfits, swimwear, and other accessories!